Modelland by Tyra Banks
I remember when Tyra finished writing Modelland.
Her smile beamed from ear to ear when she was done.
If there was a photo of ‘fulfilled joy,’ it’s likely that picture would accompany the definition. I’m sure I mirrored her smile a few times last year:
- When I quit my job to focus on TheQueensCastle.net full-time
- When I successfully moved the website from Tumblr to WordPress
- When I completed my MBA in October
- When I interviewed people whose work I’ve admired for years, Dorinda Clark-Cole, Lalah Hathaway, Golden Brooks and Bill Duke to name a few…
- and when the autographed copy of Modelland arrived at my home.
Because of the respect I have for Tyra’s hustle, for me it served as another confirmation that ALL of the awesome life experiences I was honored to have and worked for in 2011, are filled with even more promise in 2012.
I’m in expecation of great things during the coming year! I hope you are too…